University of Baguio High School prepares the students to be competent in acquiring higher education.
The University of Baguio High School, through a wholesome and dynamic learning atmosphere, aims to produce a student who:
- exhibits a distinctive level of academic proficiency in pursuit of higher learning;
- applies significant skills in different areas of learning;
- upholds moral and spiritual values;
- conducts investigatory researches;
- engages in sustainable outreach programs; and
- manifests a strong sense of responsible citizenship
We offer high standards of education from grades 7-12, developing different skill sets and actively encouraging and facilitating learning.
Program Educational Objectives
Three to five years after graduation from Grade 12, the alumni are expected to:
- Demonstrate impressive communicative competence in both oral and written forms;
- Demonstrate commendable activities and performance as they actively engage in research, academic and non-academic events and activities;
- Be responsible and service-oriented school leaders in the tertiary education and in their respective communities;
- Be exemplars of well-disciplined and good-mannered students of tertiary education;
- Be actively involved in school and sustainable community programs and activities that are geared toward the promotion of cultural identity, wellness and life long fitness, and the preservation of life.
A UB High School graduate should be able to:
- demonstrate communicative competence
- think intelligently, critically, and creatively in life situations
- make informed and values-based decisions
- perform civic duties
- use resources sustainably
- participate actively in artistic and cultural activities and in the promotion of wellness and lifelong fitness
Shifting from purely face-to-face to a new form of learning was a challenge the Junior High School confidently took on. Under the new normal, the University of Baguio Junior High School adapted a blended learning system in order to accommodate every student; this is a mix of online and modular learning. Through this, the school is still able to reach all of its students and ensure no drop in quality to the education the students deserve.
Online learners go through a 3-hour synchronous session with subject teachers from Monday to Wednesday. An hour of synchronous sessions with advisers are done on Thursdays for Revitalized Homeroom Guidance programs. Students who opt out of online learning go through printed modules.
Screen breaks are given to students as well to ensure that the quality of instruction does not decrease over time.
Our Faculty & Staff Development
Research is a valuable tool in the actualization of the University of Baguio’s vision “in pursuit of perfection”.
To safeguard the quality of education given and services rendered, the University of Baguio Junior High School constantly engages its faculty and staff in different development programs.
The University of Baguio Junior High School has designed the “Faculty Development Plan for AY 2020 – 2025” as a guide in ensuring that its staff and faculty get the training, tools, and development they need to stay on top of their fields and stay in the know with current trends, ICT, and techniques.
The School’s teachers and staff also actively engage in different events centered on enhancing their expertise and knowledge and equally share their own via speaking engagements, peer coaching/mentoring, and research.
Delivering quality education and helping foster ideal attitudes, our faculty and staff strive to bring out all the best from their students before moving on up in their educational careers.
Get to know our passionate teachers and staff helping train up future leaders, innovators, and professionals.
News & Updates
University of Baguio celebrates the graduates of its basic education for May 2022